A surprising fact that we have discovered is how much combat athletes love baking! Haha. It’s like a guilty pleasure post-training or even while an athlete is in a fight camp. Well, let’s have some fun and assist you with some inspiration…
What better way to treat yourself after a gruelling training session than indulging with a delicious, fudgy chocolate brownie? It sounds too good to be true, but we’ve created an unbeatable brownie recipe using clean, natural ingredients that are packed with a range of nutrients to refuel your body and kickstart your recovery.
Below we’ve outlined the key ingredients that your body will be thanking you for…
If you’ve tried our CMBT RELOAD Chocolate Mousse, then you’ll know that adding avo into chocolate dessert works a treat. Whilst this combination may not sound appetising, this ingredient is crucial to create that rich, fudgy texture to make the perfect brownie. Avocados are packed with good fats and fibre, so you won’t need to go back for seconds (although it’ll be tempting!).
No sugar here – this recipe gets its sweetness from bananas and maple syrup. The trick here is to use overripe bananas because they’re sweeter and softer, which is essential for them to blend smoothly into the batter. If your bananas aren’t ripe enough and you simply can’t wait to try out this recipe, try heating them in the oven on 150 degrees for 30 – 40 minutes, or until they go brown.
Additionally, cocoa is a rich source of flavanols, which have potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects. PLUS, it has also been linked to a range of benefits such as improving brain function, enhancing mood and even aid in weight control.
Last – but certainly not least – we have our CMBT RELOAD. You probably know all about our revolutionary four-stage recovery formula by now, but here’s a recap just in case:
- Protein blend: Our game-changing, plant-based, 100% clean protein blend formulated from wholefoods – no hidden nasties here!
- Gut health blend: Support for your digestive system with a blend of probiotics and digestive enzymes.
- Anti-inflammatory blend: Curcumin C3 complex and Bioperine for fast recovery.
- Electrolyte blend: A combination of important minerals to restore optimal hydration levels.
Pro Tip: Using Chocolate CMBT RELOAD will enhance the flavour of the cocoa, but you can also use the Salted Caramel flavour for some delicious chocolate caramel brownies. Or even add half a scoop of each!
As always, we would love to see what you create! Be sure to take a snap and tag us @cmbtnutrition.
- 140g Avocado Flesh
- 140g Ripe Banana
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup (more if your bananas are not sweet)
- 1/2 cup Dutch Processed Cocoa
- 1 1/2 scoop Chocolate CMBT RELOAD
- 4 tbsp LSA (or 3 eggs)
- 1/2 cup hot water or warm dairy-free milk
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Preheat your oven to 170 Degrees Celsius.
- Line an 8×8 inch baking tray with baking paper and spray with coconut oil.
- In a small bowl steep your LSA in hot water or warmed dairy-free milk to create a texture similar to a “flax-egg”. This should take about 3 minutes.
- In a blender add your avocado, ripe banana, LSA mixture and maple syrup and blend until completely smooth.
- In a mixing bowl add your dry ingredients: cocoa, CMBT RELOAD and baking soda – stir to combine.
- Mix your banana and avo mixture together with your dry ingredients. Here you can add in your coconut oil if you’d like an even fudgier texture.
- Once combined this is your chance to put your personal touch into these wholefood brownies, you can add vegan chocolate chips, chopped walnuts, seeds, peanut butter swirl or just leave them plain. We topped ours with roughly chopped BSKT Wholefoods Chocolate Slab once in the baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool completely, these are very fudgy in texture so are best eaten once cooled in the fridge.