Breakfast is the most important meal of the day – but it can get a little boring! Toast or cereal might be all you have time for if you’re rushing out the door in the morning, and this isn’t exactly…mouthwatering, to say at the very least. We get it, time is of the essence – but this doesn’t mean you’re doomed to a future of boring, bland brekkies. If you’re looking to treat yourself to something a little more satisfying, these protein pancakes are a delicious option. Not only do they taste amazing, but they’re also loaded with nutrients, giving you the perfect kickstart to your day.
Although super quick and easy to make, it will take a few extra minutes than pouring cereal and milk into a bowl. So make up a big batch when you have a few moments, indulge in a scrumptious serving of warm, fluffy pancakes, and freeze the rest for later. Simply reheat in the microwave, oven or toaster and garnish with your favourite toppings. This is the perfect meal to have after your morning workout to replenish your energy stores and accelerate your body’s recovery process.
Pro Tip: If you want to make your pancakes extra healthy and add an additional source of protein, try topping your pancakes with a scoop of Greek yoghurt and crumbling a RELOAD bar on top! Click here to check out our RELOAD protein bars, packed with the same unique 4 stage recovery formula as it’s powder counterpart: protein blend, gut health blend, anti-inflammatory blend and electrolyte blend.
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1 scoop RELOAD (Vanilla)
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Handful of sugar-free choc-chips
Pro Tip: Try this recipe with our chocolate flavoured RELOAD powder to switch things up! Click here to see our range of flavours.
1. Blend all ingredients (except chocolate chips) together until smooth
2. Heat a non stick pan to a medium heat and add 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake to the pan.
3. Sprinkle a handful of chocolate chips onto each pancake.
4. Cook the pancake for about 2-3 minutes or until you see that the surface begins to dry, then flip and cook for another 2 minutes.⠀
5. Serve with a spoonful of coconut yoghurt, maple syrup, banana, berries, or whatever toppings your heart desires!