As the weather starts to cool down, the temptation to indulge on comfort food becomes that little bit stronger. What if we told you that you could – and you should! If you’ve read our other recipes so far, you’ll know that we’re all about balance. Life is too short to restrict yourself from the joys of eating delicious food, so we simply put a healthy twist on traditionally naughty snacks and treats. Because as self-controlled as you may be, we’re all susceptible to sugar cravings now and then.
This chocolate mug cake is an amazing treat to cozy up with on the couch after dinner because you don’t need to spend hours preparing it. In fact, you merely need a few minutes! Simply pop in the microwave for one minute and you have yourself a warm, fluffy chocolate cake to enjoy all to yourself.
We would love to see your creations, so take a pic and be sure to tag us!
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup plant-based milk
- 1 scoop Reload (Chocolate)
- 1 large egg (or 1 flax egg as substitute)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1-2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp sugar-free chocolate chips (optional – but strongly recommended)
Top Tip: If you’re not a fan of chocolate (yes, those people do exist), you can also make this recipe with our Vanilla flavoured Reload. Click here to check it out.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk the egg and milk in a separate bowl and then pour into the dry ingredients, stirring until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mixture into a deep mug (making sure there’s enough room left at the top so it doesn’t overflow) and sprinkle choc chips on top.
- Microwave for 60 seconds.
- Dig in!
Top Tip: Reload is a fantastic source of high-quality plant protein, but it is also packed with digestive enzymes, probiotics, healthy fats, electrolytes and more. Click here to read more.