When it comes to performance and recovery enhancing nutrition, we like to mix it up and keep it exciting! Have you ever seen a BCAA Jelly? Well, you have now…
Packed with performance-enhancing nutrients such as fermented BCAAs, PeakO2, electrolytes and more, this is a perfect alternative to a sugary treat and also a great pre training snack to maximise your power and output without feeling heavy afterwards and support muscle repair.
Heads up: your jelly won’t be pink! This is because we don’t use any artificial colourings, so the orange colour is all natural.
Top Tip: Implementing Octane into your diet is a fantastic way to enhance your performance but it can also help boost your immune system, which is essential to help keep your strong and healthy for the upcoming flu season. Read more here.
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp grass fed gelatin (vegan alternative: 1 tsp of agar agar)
- 1 scoop Octane (Pink Lemonade)
- Optional: 1 tbsp maple syrup for sweetness
- Fresh fruit (we recommend strawberries and mango)
- Shredded Coconut
- Coconut Yogurt
Top Tip: We also have Octane in a passionfruit flavour, which would make an equally delicious jelly. Click here to check it out.
- Stir gelatin in ½ cup of cold water and set aside for 3 minutes.
- Pour in 1 ½ cups of boiling water and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Add Octane and refrigerate until set.
- Scoop into a bowl and serve with coconut yoghurt, fresh fruit and shredded coconut.
If using agar agar:
- Mix the agar agar into the water and bring up to the boil, leave to simmer for 1-2 minutes to activate setting properties.
- Take off the heat and allow to cool slightly while mixing.
- Add in the OCTANE and stir until combined once the water has cooled slightly.
- Pour into mould and once cooled to room temp, place into the fridge to continue to set overnight.